This page has moved to a new address.

New Plus Size Canadian OOTD (Outfit of the Day) - What I'm Wearing

Curvy Canadian: New Plus Size Canadian OOTD (Outfit of the Day) - What I'm Wearing

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Plus Size Canadian OOTD (Outfit of the Day) - What I'm Wearing

Hey Everyone!

So I wore this outfit to school for teaching and to do some studying at a nearby coffee shop. It was a really comfortable outfit, and perfect for the occasion! I love the arm warmers with the cape because it means I can wear short sleeves underneath and my arms won't freeze. I've been noticing people reacting differently to me since I've upped my style. Mostly I get really positive reactions; people will smile at me more often or engage me in conversation. Sometimes I'll feel like someone is looking at me and I'll look up and they are! But today I had a really bad experience. There were these two really nasty girls in the hallway (wearing what can only be described as a very small step up from pajamas) and they were talking about me really loudly. One said "Look, look, look, oh my god." The other one: "I know, look at that, she's trying way too hard, like get over yourself!" I gave them a really mean look and just kept walking. Now that it's over, I kind of wish I had said something. They were so rude, and why should I "get over myself"? I've been "over myself" for my whole life, and that hasn't really worked for me... I finally feel good about myself, and now people are telling me to get over myself?! In fact I'm trying to get over being over myself! I don't really care what other people think. Especially haters. I think that those girls probably have their own insecurities, so I am not going to take what they said to heart. I feel great and I am going to continue to dress well regardless. I wonder if they would have said the same things if I'd been skinny though... Anyways, without any further ado, here is my outfit. I hope you like it. Please let me know what you think! I'd love some positive energy to counteract the negative!








Jeans and Elephant Necklace - Forever 21 +/Cape - ASOS Curve/Shoes, Scarf, Arm Warmers - CBX (Costa Blanca Accessories)/Top, Belt, and Ring - Ardene

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:09:00 PM , Blogger Jessica Dee said...

I love your outfit. And the dash of yellow against the colour of the cape is amaze. I dont tend to little to the small/skinny minded people anymore - they could never pull off things the way we do! :)

 
At Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:24:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I get hated on daily. That just tells me that I'm doing a bit of what THEY wish they could do. Keep up the great fashion. The haters can kick rocks!
Yoli
Diva in Deep Thought

 
At Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:03:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like toomanysequins, I also enjoy the pop of yellow and once I saw a close-up shot of the shoes I thought they were super cute.

Don't let the haters get you down, because guaranteed it was one girls opinion and a second girl just forcing herself to follow suit.
I'm loving the outfit and it definitely gives me ideas of where I can purchase some great looking clothes.
Thank you :)

 
At Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:33:00 AM , Anonymous Chantal said...

How on earth is wearing essentially a dressed up version of jeans and T-shirt "trying to hard"? I mean, you look great but it's not like you're wearing a ball gown, opera length gloves and fox fur stole to the grocery store! You're wearing what most people in TO wear, but with a bit more style and class :)

 
At Wednesday, March 30, 2011 4:42:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

@tooMANYsequins - thanks! I think you're right. I'm not going to let it get me down...

@QueenDiva - Exactly! I think those girls felt kind of insecure because of what they were wearing... Thanks!

@menmosyneblog - Thanks for the love! Glad you're enjoying the blog.

@Chantal - I know, right? I guess it's because people in Waterloo tend not to dress all that well, especially on campus. But I'm an instructor, so I have a reason to!!! Anyways... Thanks for commenting!

I always love to hear from all of you!

 
At Friday, April 01, 2011 10:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your outfit was adorable! Personally, I'm not big on ankle boots, but I'd definitely make an exception.

Like another commenters said, haters can kick rocks! I think society as a whole has a problem with the fashionable fat girl. Its a part of the high school lunchroom hierarchy that we never grow out out. Cheerleaders and jocks kids here, nerds and fat kids over there. For some people, seeing a stylin' fat chick is like watching the nerd go sit with the cheerleader. It bucks against the system, and some people are too narrow minded to understand.

Now, stop wearing that fabulous outfit and go put on that black tent dress! Just kidding. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home