This page has moved to a new address.

Retro Thrifted Plus Size Glory!!! What I'm Wearing (or OOTD)

Curvy Canadian: Retro Thrifted Plus Size Glory!!! What I'm Wearing (or OOTD)

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Retro Thrifted Plus Size Glory!!! What I'm Wearing (or OOTD)

Hey Everyone,

Check out the new list of online stores that sell plus size clothing on the right sidebar! These are some online stores that are pretty great and that ship to Canada. If you have any suggestions for other fashionable stores you'd like me to add to the list, comment and I'll check them out!

As promised, in this post I will be featuring a plus size top I got from the Canadian thrift store Value Village. I want to apologize in advance for the number of times I am going to be using the words "Canadian" and "plus size" in this post. This blog currently appears on page 16 of a google search under those terms, so I'm trying to get the google bots to notice us so we can build an even bigger, more influential community here. On that note, Canadian, Canadian, Canadian. Plus size, plus size, plus size! There, that should help! When I went to Value Village... in Canada... I found this awesome pink plus size top. LOL. The bf thought I was crazy for liking it, but it's totally awesome genuine 80s vintage. I typically never shop at vintage stores because I feel like it's kind of lazy of me when I can go to a thrift store and look for WAY cheaper vintage items there... I got this shirt for $2.99! I was looking at ebay Canada's site for plus size items of the same label (Yves Venet) and items like it are being sold anywhere from $50-$100! I got a good deal! I also found a seventies style top, but I haven't figured out how I want to style it yet. I tried it with jeans, but since it's got long sleeves, I feel a bit too covered up. Maybe it would work better with a plus size skirt (I really am sorry for this, I know, it's a travesty). I wore this outfit to teach in and I felt wonderful in it. My style for this outfit (and this entire blog, actually) was somewhat inspired by Gabi from Young Fat and Fabulous. She's always rocking such awesome bright colours and killer skirts. The sleeves are probably my favourite part. In hindsight, though, I probably should have worn some heels with this... Canadian Plus Size. Canadian Plus Size. Canadian Plus Size.

So anyways, here's the outfit - I hope you like it. This was before all the snow in Toronto, obviously. Yuck. Springtime snow sucks.













Tights-Hue via The Bay/Top-Value Village (Yves Venet)/Skirt-Forever 21+/Sunglasses-Vintage Clothing Sale in York, UK/Ring and Earrings-Hand-me-downs from my mom/Necklace-Forever 21/Scarf and Purse-CBX (Costa Blanca Accessories)/Jacket-Penningtons/Shoes-Dorothy Perkins



I hope you like this Canadian girl in a plus size outfit! Honestly, though, I would love to hear what all of you think, and if you have any suggestions for online stores that ship fashionable plus size stuff to Canada. And thanks for putting up with all my "Canadian" and "plus size" references, lol!

UPDATE: I just checked google, and we're now up to page 4! Woohoo! I think it's working...!


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Friday, March 25, 2011 1:22:00 AM , Blogger Fat Aus said...

loving those sunglasses!

 
At Friday, March 25, 2011 11:01:00 AM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks! I am so glad to see you on here! I love your blog!

 
At Friday, March 25, 2011 12:42:00 PM , Blogger Charlotte said...

Thanks for all the great on-line shopping links!!

And your outfit is adorable!!

 
At Friday, March 25, 2011 10:18:00 PM , Anonymous Peter said...

Great pictures Hon! The camera likes you =)

 
At Saturday, March 26, 2011 12:44:00 AM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks for all the love, guys! I'm glad you like the post and the site updates. Lots of new stuff on the go so keep checking back!

 
At Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:24:00 AM , Blogger PlusClothingExpert said...

Your so fabulous. And you've got good choice of clothing.
fashionable plus size clothing

 
At Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:29:00 PM , Anonymous Maggie said...

Check out my store and pls let me know what you think :)

True Colour Venus Plus Size Fashion www.truecolourvenus.com

Dedicated in bringing young & trendy, chic & stylish, modern plus size clothing curvy ladies, Size 10 - 32.

We are proud to present our fashions on true plus size curvy models only! Ship from Canada to everywhere in Canada, USA (United States) and anywhere around the world.

(plus size women, plus size misses, plus size petite, plus size juniors)

Cheers,
Maggie
cs@truecolourvenus.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home