This page has moved to a new address.

OOTD 3 Take - What I Would Wear to a Wedding

Curvy Canadian: OOTD 3 Take - What I Would Wear to a Wedding

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

OOTD 3 Take - What I Would Wear to a Wedding

Hey Guys!

I've gotten together with the lovely ladies Rikke from Sticky Sweet Danish and Jessica from Too Many Sequins to do a 3 take on what we would all wear to weddings! This is what I chose. I decided to do three different outfits, since fashions for weddings can vary immensely, some being highly formal, black tie, affairs, and others being more casual. What you wear should depend on how formal the wedding will be. If the invitation suggests black tie or insists that jacket and tie are worn, you can be fairly sure that that's a very formal wedding, whereas if you're going to an outdoor wedding, you can probably assume the dress will be a little bit more casual. Either way, you'll want to look beautiful and I hope that some of these outfits will inspire you as wedding season begins and you go out to shop for your own dresses!

Outfit 1 - Casual







Dress - Ricki's/Shoes - Winners/Jewellery and Purse - Ardene


Outfit 2 - In-between (this type of outfit is a good idea if you're not sure whether it's a more formal or casual affair)







Dress - Marshalls (US)/Bolero - Forever 21+/Clutch - Express (US)/Jewellery - Ardene/Shoes - Penney's (Ireland)



Outfit 3 - Formal/Black Tie






Dress - ASOS Curve/Earrings - Panache/Shoes - Spring/Clutch - Express

My Hair

I put a bump-it in my hair to make it sort of big on top, wore it half-up, half-down, and put a  gold headband on to emphasize the height that the bump-it gave my hair. What do you think?


So what do you guys think? Which one is your favourite? Make sure you visit both Rikke's and Jessica's blogs to see what they would wear too!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:38:00 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Those are 3 great outfits right there!! I really love the print of the second dress and the huge ruffle on the last one!

 
At Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:02:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks :D Someone sent me an email saying that the one with the ruffle makes me look like a pumpkin :(

 
At Friday, June 03, 2011 3:12:00 AM , Blogger Jolene said...

I love the first one! They are all great but I personally like the first dress the best and I think it really flatters your figure and just suits you the most. I think you could get away with it for any type of wedding too.

 
At Friday, June 03, 2011 4:43:00 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Wow, I love the second one. And you know what else, ignore helpful advice on which veggie you resemble. I always do! Lots of love from these watermelons. HA!

 
At Friday, June 03, 2011 1:45:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

LOL Anika - Literally, I am LOLing. Thanks guys! You always make me feel so great! :D

 
At Friday, June 03, 2011 7:11:00 PM , Blogger dc said...

Good choice!
DC
xx
http://dentelleetchocolat.blogspot.com/

 
At Sunday, June 05, 2011 12:54:00 PM , Blogger . said...

love the last dress :)
u look amazing !

Visit eSTKayFashion

 
At Sunday, June 05, 2011 9:28:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks, you guys :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home