This page has moved to a new address.

OOTD: What I'm Wearing for a Meeting with My Advisor

Curvy Canadian: OOTD: What I'm Wearing for a Meeting with My Advisor

Thursday, May 19, 2011

OOTD: What I'm Wearing for a Meeting with My Advisor

Hey Everyone,

This is just a quick OOTD post showing you what I am wearing today for a meeting with one of my PhD advisors. My exam is approaching rapidly (8 days away today) and I am just meeting with him to look over some of my practice responses to make sure I'm on the right track.

Peter didn't like this dress in the store, but all the other women were commenting on it in the changeroom and totally disagreeing with him. It was so totally unanimous that I had to get it, despite it not being Peter's fav. What do you think?  I paired it with some leggings from Dots and my glads.

I also got my hair done. I went to the Donato New Talent Salon on Lakeshore. They were great. I had SOOOO many greys! I am too stressed out. I was looking at a picture of myself from like a year ago, and I've aged so much in such a short period of time. It looks like it's been 5 years instead of one! Oh well, that's what a PhD program will do to you!

Anyways, without further ado, here's the outfit. What do you think?






Jacket - New Look/Dress, Belt, Leggings - Dots/Mirror Necklace - Forever 21/Other necklace - Thrifted/Sandals - Spring/Purse - Costa Blanca

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:50:00 AM , Blogger L said...

You look stunning! And your dress is very pretty, (sorry Peter!). Good luck with your exam, gorgeous! :D

<3

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:51:00 AM , Anonymous Nicole said...

The dress is gorgeous on you! I love the print!

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:23:00 PM , Anonymous Agnes said...

I really really like that dress (especially with that belt!) Red looks good on you. I'll be sending good vibes on exam day for the three of you. xoxo

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:51:00 PM , Anonymous Steph said...

Fabulous ensemble! I especially love the print, the colours, the shoes and the mirror necklace :)
Good luck on your exam!

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:09:00 PM , Blogger YogiKymberley said...

I think the sandals and the belt are a great tie in, and dress looks great on you!

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:14:00 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I like the dress! It is such an unusual pattern - very cool!

 
At Friday, May 20, 2011 1:41:00 AM , Blogger Tye said...

love this look..very pretty and the accessories look great!! I especially love the colors and pattern in the shirt very chic!!

 
At Friday, May 20, 2011 10:43:00 AM , Blogger Rikke said...

You look great! I love everything about this outfit and the colours work so well together and on you. Love the prints and the golden accessories.

xoxo
http://stickysweetdanish.blogspot.com

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:55:00 AM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks Guys! You are all so awesome! I didn't have the best day while I was wearing this (the meeting didn't go as I had hoped it would) but being nicely dressed helped keep my spirits up! Thanks for all of your support!

 
At Friday, June 03, 2011 3:15:00 AM , Blogger Jolene said...

I love the dress! Probably something I would bypass on the rack but seeing it on someone it looks great!

 
At Friday, June 03, 2011 1:41:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks Jolene! I almost passed it up on the rack too, but something just told me to take a closer look :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home