This page has moved to a new address.

So Much to Share! Where to Begin?

Curvy Canadian: So Much to Share! Where to Begin?

Monday, June 6, 2011

So Much to Share! Where to Begin?

Hey Guys!

Wow, I have so much to share with you all. It's been quite the weekend!!! I've had a few outfits stored up on my camera for days, so I'll post those here now, at last!

I was also privileged enough to attend this weekend's Big Fat Toronto event, including both a clothing swap and a discussion. The event was a great success and I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to the organizers. It was truly amazing to meet up with all of you wonderful, confident, and inspiring women to exchange clothing, war stories, and loads of laughs. I can't wait to do it again!

Today, I went to the park with Peter and went thrifting. Lots of fun! I don't think I've ever been so exhausted after a weekend. But it's good exhausted, so it's okay!

So first, the pictures from Big Fat Toronto. I decided to wear this purple polka dot blazer that I got from a Salvation Army near me for $5! Everyone was admiring it so much, so I was really glad I decided to grab it! One girl even said she wanted it so much that she felt like biting me! LOL! I really love the colour of it, as well as the cut. What do you guys think?

Browsing at the swap...





If I ever talk about my Herculean calves, this is what I mean. Check 'em out. I can lift around 800 lbs on the leg press, and I'm proud of it! It comes from many years of ballet. Unfortunately, it makes it super hard to find cute boots in the winter that come up above the ankle...







Outfit Details: Jacket - Thrifted/Camisole and earrings - Forever 21+/Shoes - Torrid/Skirt - Suzy Shier/Purse - Aldo/Cameo - Vintage jewellery sale in the UK


My Argyle Nails! I used OPI by Nicole Nail Apps. They're just like stickers. So easy to apply! They wear off too quickly, though.



The girl who said she wanted to bite me. 

Group shot of a bunch of us. Such lovely ladies!!!

Faith from 'Faith'fully Yours...

I met lots of fantastic women!





And you guys remember Alison, whose closet I visited? She was there too, looking fabulous!!!







I really love the colour of it my new jacket, as well as the cut. What do you guys think? I thought it would be a good idea too if I did a haul video so you guys could see all the great stuff I got at the swap! I promise I will keep you guys apprised of any upcoming Big Fat Toronto events in the future so you can plan to come! So here's the haul video!:



Like I said earlier, I've also been saving up a lot of outfits that I just didn't get a chance to post yet, so here they are. This is what I've been wearing for the past few days!

Outfit 1 - I wore this a while ago for a nice walk along the beach near the Toronto skyline. It was a beautiful day! The dress is thrifted, and is actually a wrap-around skirt that I just wore high-up and cinched with a belt. The belt is from Forever 21+, the sandals are from Spring, the jewellery is crafted/from Dollarama, and the cardigan is from Penningtons. Madison Plus has chosen me to be their Style Correspondent for Toronto, which I'm super excited about, and you can see more of these photos as well as a few words about them at the Madison Plus blog, here.






Outfit 2 - This outfit was also for a walk on the waterfront, but these were taken just today! It was so gorgeous out, we just had to get out of the house and enjoy the sun! My hair is messy because of the hat, sorry! The dress is from Dots, the hat is from Le Beau Chapeau (Niagara-on-the-Lake), the shoes are from Target, and the bag is from Costa Blanca.





Outfit 3 - I think I wore this one to go see a movie with Peter. We went to go see Bridesmaids. Don't get me started on the representation of fat women in the film, but trying to look beyond that, other parts were pretty funny. The denim jacket is from Dots, the dress, tights, and shoes are from Target, the necklace is from Ardene, the earrings are from Bonjour Button (an Etsy store), the purse is from Costa Blanca, and the buttons are from various sources (the ones of Hildegard Von Bingen and Anne Boleyn are from Tartx Designs, and the piggy one I got from a upcycling fair in Kitchener called Bloomin' Earth). 








Outfit 4 - Not sure if this is my favourite, which I guess is one reason why I didn't post it right away. I can't even remember what I wore this to... The top is from Forever 21+, the purse is from Costa Blanca, the skirt is thrifted, the shoes are from Target, the ring was a hand-me-down from my sister, and I can't remember where I got the earrings. I think it was a store in Square One (if you're familiar) called Panache.






Outfit 5 - Nothing special. I only took this one shot of the outfit because I planned on only posting it to tumblr since it's so casual, and I wasn't sure if it was blog-worthy. But since this post is a sort of grab-bag of so many different things, I thought I would throw it in! Why not? I don't normally wear shorts. Usually I prefer skirts or jeans, but it was really hot, and I like the fit of these, so I decided to go for it. I think they're a good length too. The top and shorts are from Dots, the purse is from Costa Blanca, the shoes are from Target, and the necklace is thrown together from the stuff in the beading section of the craft department at walmart (it's amazing what you can find in there). 



Phew! That was a long one! Sorry for the somewhat compendious nature of this post. I was holding out on you guys, I guess! I just waited too long in between post and built up a lot of OOTDs! Hope you liked it! You know what else? I snagged a vintage CHRISTIAN DIOR suit from Goodwill today. IN MY SIZE. $10! Stay tuned to see me style it... I better watch out for that girl who was gonna bite me yesterday, lol! I've been really lucky in the thrift stores lately :D

So what's new with all of you fine people? Did you enter my contest yet? Do it!




Labels: , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Monday, June 06, 2011 6:34:00 AM , Blogger Thick Threads said...

you are so adorable!!! Love your style lady! i cant get over that purple blazer! :) stunning! :)

xoxo
A_riot
thickthreads.blogspot.com

 
At Monday, June 06, 2011 9:26:00 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

When I saw that polka dot blazer on Twitter I knew it was a winner, and wow is it!! Love the look.

The other outfits are great also!

 
At Monday, June 06, 2011 11:47:00 AM , Blogger Dee said...

haha I've totally seen the girl that wanted to bite you around Toronto. I'm so jealous you got to make it to Big Fat Toronto, it looks like it was a total blast. And all of your outfits are super adorable, I particularly love the polka dot blazer and the skirt dress.

 
At Monday, June 06, 2011 5:28:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks you guys! It was all I could do not to squeal with joy when I saw the purple blazer on the rack. And I'm pretty sure that when I found out that it fit I did emit some sort of high pitched happy noise, lol. Thanks for your comments! I love hearing what all of you have to say, and I especially love love! <3

 
At Monday, June 06, 2011 9:34:00 PM , Blogger Jolene said...

I love the animal print dress in your haul video! Can't wait to see a post with it!

 
At Tuesday, June 07, 2011 2:26:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks! Yeah, I have to find somewhere to where that to! It is pretty cute. It's almost like a giraffe-y kind of print, which I like.

 
At Monday, June 13, 2011 1:59:00 PM , Blogger Adrienne said...

Not really a clothing swap just yet, but I have added a "Shop My Closet" section on my blog and posted some goodies for cheap! Even a (maybe fake? not sure!)Burberry halter bikini in XL - never worn.

Feel free to pop by! It's at: http://www.big-girls-bigger-dreams.com/p/shop-my-closet.html

xoxo

 
At Sunday, July 03, 2011 4:09:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that blazer! I saw you on Chakayla of Classic. Raw. Beauty and I just had to come and follow your blog and leave some love. your style is FABULOUS!!!

Check out my blog: http://mythriftedcloset.blogspot.com/

 
At Sunday, July 03, 2011 7:36:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks! I'm so glad you found me here! Welcome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home