This page has moved to a new address.

The Back-Up Outfit...

Curvy Canadian: The Back-Up Outfit...

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Back-Up Outfit...

Hey Everyone,

I've been crazy busy as of late since I have an oral exam for my PhD coming up on Wednesday. Basically I already wrote and passed the written component of the exam, and now I have to defend my answers to a panel of experts in my field. Anxiety inducing, much? I only found out about the date of the exam on Thursday, so having less than a week to prepare has made things pretty hectic this past week. I have been studying non-stop. So tired. That being said, I must confess that this is a back-up outfit. If you're also a blogger, you probably know what I'm talking about. It's photos of an outfit that you keep for occasions like this, when you don't really have time to put together a nice look and photograph it... I usually have a couple of these in my back pocket in case things get unpredictably busy - like now. That being said, I cannot, for the life of me, remember where I wore this outfit. I think it might have been to the library or to a cafe to study (I know, I am a big nerd for getting dressed up for the library - and for always being studying...). At least wearing something nice makes me feel better about spending my weekends at the library, lol. Anyways, here's a few pictures I've been saving for a while...












































Dress - Target/Cardigan - Swapped at Big, Fat Toronto/Tights and Necklace - Forever 21/Purse and Earrings - Thrifted/Shoes - Redress NYC by way of Target/Sunglasses - Gifted from Kmart

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:36:00 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Sweetheart, believe in your self and go get em! I am crossing my fingers for you, and I am your fan! And, you look fab. Big hugs to you from me xo

 
At Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:15:00 AM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thank you so much Anika! This note helped me more than you know. I was really nervous right before the exam, and then I got your comment. It said "believe in yourself" and I thought, wow, that's so amazingly simple, but it really helped me. I just kept repeating it to myself every time I had a negative thought or got nervous (and thinking of you) and it really helped. Thank you so much. You are such an inspiration.

 
At Sunday, July 31, 2011 1:48:00 AM , Anonymous cheap wardrobes said...

I'm not looking at you as you are big. How can other say that.
You are pretty gorgeous. As long as you believe in our self. And you feel comfortable, just go on your way!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home