This page has moved to a new address.

I PASSED!!! Yay!!!

Curvy Canadian: I PASSED!!! Yay!!!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I PASSED!!! Yay!!!

Hey Everyone,

I am totally elated today because I passed my oral exam, and with flying colours too! I am so excited. So now I just have to write my dissertation and I will be finished my PhD! I am so relieved that I passed. I can't imagine spending another six months preparing to sit it again. Torture. But I passed and I feel great today, like a huge weight has been lifted.

I thought I would put up another outfit for you guys to see. This one's nothing fancy. I think I just wore it out to run errands (groceries, etc.). Being a PhD student (and living in an suburban area without a car at the moment), I don't get out of the house much since I'm in studying all the time. So whenever I get a chance to get out (even if it's just groceries or the library or something) I try to put on something nice (otherwise I'd have nothing to post here!). This outfit would be good for the weekend if you're visiting friends or for casual Friday at work. Sometimes I'm sad that I don't have a traditional office type job because if I want to stay in my pajamas all day at home, I can, and sometimes, I will, lol. It would be nice to have the opportunity to get dressed up for work, but I guess I do that when I'm teaching... We get one term off per year from teaching, and this is that term for me, so I guess I'm spending more time in my comfies than I would probably like, but that will change in the Fall. Speaking of Fall - I've picked up so many killer items from my thrifting adventures for Fall that I can't wear yet that I'm sort of (dare I say it) looking forward to it. I think only someone who loves fashion yearns for the Fall. Everyone else probably thinks I'm crazy! But I picked up an amazing red leather/suede-y jacket. It's awesome and I can't wait to show you.

Anyways, here's some pictures of my errands outfit:

Top - Nine West Brand from The Bay/Camisole - Ricki's/Skirt - Giant Tiger/Shoes - Redress NYC (originally from Target)/Purse - Thrifted/Bracelets - Forever 21/Necklace - Gifted by Charming Charlie/Earrings - Gifted by Pixics




































Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:36:00 PM , Blogger beatrice said...

Congratulations!! I remember sitting for my oral exams... I thought I would die from stress and fear. Give yourself a huge pat on the back.

 
At Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:53:00 PM , Blogger Shayla said...

Awesome - congrats! Will you be celebrating?? I love you outfit - you look so confident and chic! The earrings are a nice touch too.

By the way - Fall is my fav time of the year! I love being able to wear boots, use scarves again and oh - all the fall colors! LUV!

 
At Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:08:00 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Major congratulations!! Passing suits you - your outfit looks great!

 
At Friday, July 15, 2011 9:35:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats love... I know you were worried in NYC... you look great, intelligent, and great personality... girl... that is what I call a triple threat *winks*

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:37:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home