This page has moved to a new address.

OOTD and N: A Really Beautiful Wedding (and what I actually wore to it!)

Curvy Canadian: OOTD and N: A Really Beautiful Wedding (and what I actually wore to it!)

Thursday, August 11, 2011

OOTD and N: A Really Beautiful Wedding (and what I actually wore to it!)

Hey Everyone!

This past Saturday, Peter and I were invited to the wedding of one of my closest friends! It was such a beautiful wedding. It was held at the Toronto Hunt, and the ceremony was stunning. It was an outdoor ceremony with loads of flowers and it was right in front of the lake. There were a couple of butterflies flying around too. The weather was absolutely perfect for the outdoor ceremony, because it was lovely and warm, but not too sunny, and there was a nice cool breeze coming in off the lake. They had a classical trio playing music before and during the ceremony, and the music was so pretty. Peter and I got the musicians' business card, lol. The officiant was also really great! Sometimes the officiants can rush through ceremonies, but I really felt like all of her words were totally heartfelt and that she was enjoying what she was doing. Fantastic! When the bride, my friend Suzana, came out, she was absolutely breathtaking. She looked totally fantastic. She and her husband Jon are away on their honeymoon enjoying their first day in Paris today! Enjoy, you guys!

For this wedding, I decided to wear a IGIGI dress that's sheer black with a lavender layer underneath. I paired it with some chandelier earrings and a set of shiny black beads. I wore my (relatively comfortable) black heels and carried a vintage hand beaded black clutch which I think is from the 1940s. I decided to wear my hair up, since I always tear up the dance floor and get so hot that I just end up throwing my hair in a messy pony tail anyway... I thought a red lip would go really nicely with the luxurious look of the lace on the dress and the beaded clutch. What do you guys think?



































































Dress - IGIGI/Necklace - Ardene/Earrings - Forever 21/Shoes - Torrid/Clutch - Thrifted Vintage

Doesn't Peter look handsome? He let me pick out his outfit! I wanted to do his hair too, but he wouldn't let me :(

This is one of my new favourite pictures of the Peter and I. I think it might be frame-worthy!






Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:33:00 PM , Anonymous Agnes H. said...

So glad Suzana's wedding was wonderful. You guys look great!

 
At Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:03:00 PM , Blogger Wait Until The Sunset said...

awww beautiful! And you match! :)

 
At Friday, August 12, 2011 5:19:00 AM , Blogger Pumba said...

You look gorgeous in that dress.
And what a lovely photo of you guys.

 
At Friday, August 12, 2011 9:47:00 AM , Anonymous mitch said...

beautiful couple, you look amazing in that dress!

 
At Friday, August 12, 2011 12:35:00 PM , Anonymous Megan said...

Wow, absolutely lovely! I've been obsessing over Igigi for a bit now and this is the first time I've actually seen one of their dresses in action. Do they use good fabric, and is it something that will last? It's looks wonderful on you. Definitely jealous!!

 
At Friday, August 12, 2011 2:49:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awww...How beautiful? You look great!

xoxo
Nique

http://chubbydivaonadime.blogspot.com/

 
At Monday, August 15, 2011 10:03:00 AM , Blogger Yvette said...

Love IGIGI, haven't ordered from them yet, but I'm sure a special occasion will come up soon, I'm also eyeing the CEO dress for work. You look lovely!

Julia

http://fashionandhistrionics.blogspot.com/

 
At Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:35:00 PM , Blogger dc said...

I love navy blue with black, you look lovely!(Thanks for your beautiful comment!)
DC
xx

 
At Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:50:00 AM , Blogger Tina said...

You look absolutely stunning! I adore that dress. When I first saw it I thought "I need it!" quickly followed by "It looks like a dress I have." and then the realization "It's IGIGI, so no wonder I love it and it reminds me of my dress. It's just like the one I wore to the finale at FFFW." All my crazy rushed thoughts aside, you look beautiful, and I love how you styled Peter too! Totally frame-worthy.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:29:00 PM , Blogger Nikol said...

Love that dress!!!

http://turquoiseandtangerine.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home