This page has moved to a new address.

Toronto Plus Fashion Bloggers Head Down to Lane Bryant!!!

Curvy Canadian: Toronto Plus Fashion Bloggers Head Down to Lane Bryant!!!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Toronto Plus Fashion Bloggers Head Down to Lane Bryant!!!

Hey Guys,

So for the past little while, I've been planning a trip to Buffalo, NY for myself and my fellow Toronto bloggers. I was so excited when Lane Bryant agreed to host us at their store in Walden Galleria! They have been really great to work with, and everyone who I've been in touch with over there has been so nice!!!

We took the Megabus from Toronto down to Buffalo, and all of the girls were so excited! I am pretty sure we were annoying the heck out of the other passengers with all our giggling!






















Lane Bryant put us up in really nice digs, very close to (in the same parking lot as) the mall. We stayed at the Millennium Hotel Buffalo, which was very comfortable and accommodated to our every need. The shuttle service was fantastic (they shuttled us over to the mall and even to other box stores in the area), and everyone we were in contact with was so friendly and courteous.
















When we arrived (early) they already had our hotel rooms ready, so we were able to drop off our bags and freshen up after the journey. Once we were all ready, we headed excitedly over to Lane Bryant to see what they had in store for us...

The managers we met with were so nice, and made sure we were very comfortable and well looked after during our stay. We were invited to look around the well stocked store to see what tickled our fancy, and I saw SO much I wanted.














































Of course I tried on lots of stuff! Here are a few shots from the change-room. Sorry the quality is not the greatest... I didn't have Peter with me this time to be my photographer!


































I picked up some great pieces, including the green top in the first photo and the gold skirt in the last photo. I am a bit sad that I left behind the black sequin skirt. It looked so great on, and I definitely should have grabbed it. It would have worked really well for the holiday parties I have coming up! I also picked up a couple of pieces from the Cacique lingerie section. . They have a fabulous selection of bras and undies for the most discerning fashionista. My sister (who is straight size) even expressed her frustration to me after wandering in there once, thinking it was stuff that would fit her, and not being able to buy anything! They have so many great designs in the sizes that you need. It's really the only place I buy undies and bras from anymore. I was really happy with everything I got from Lane Bryant, and I know you see it all in OOTD posts soon!

















Another great part of my trip was getting to hang out with some truly amazing women. All of the bloggers who came along are fantastic people, and I'm glad I got to bond with them some more over the weekend.

Karyn from Killer Kurves


Sadia from Rawrmanifesto
Sasha from Flaws of Couture
Alison from 'Round Raglan Road
Garcia from Flaws of Couture, left, and Luna from Not So Starving, right

Sarah from Garters and Stockings

A fantastic group shot of all of us!















Once we were finished our shopping for the day, we headed over exhaustedly to the Olive Garden, where we had such a nice meal together.

The next day we all did a bit more shopping, prefaced by an excellent breakfast at the nearby IHOP, and in the evening, it was time to head home. It was a very busy weekend, full of fun and fashion, and I so hope we have the chance to do this again soon! Lane Bryant was so gracious to host us so well, and I know I'll be back very shortly! You should all check them out for your holiday shopping! You can visit your nearest store (they have stores in pretty much all border malls), or you can shop online since they recently added international shipping! <3 Happy shopping! =D

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Monday, November 21, 2011 12:27:00 PM , Blogger Eden said...

You definitely should have gotten the black sequin skirt! It looked amazing!!! Maybe you can arrange to have it sent to you! LOL Looks like a fun trip!!

 
At Monday, November 21, 2011 12:45:00 PM , Anonymous Belle said...

I agree with Eden, you definitely should have gotten that black sequin skirt! It looked so good on you! I might have to take trip across the border and snap one up for myself. You're right, it would work well for holiday parties.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2011 12:47:00 PM , Anonymous Belle said...

Ouch, I just looked at the price of the skirt. Nearly $100? I can see why you didn't get it.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2011 1:40:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

aww it looks like you guys had fun...and i love that i follow pretty much everyone lol! looking forward to seeing the outfits you put together.

xoxo

 
At Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:11:00 AM , Blogger Joanna said...

So this is a comment on your blog in general, not just the pretty amazing trip you took to Buffalo. I struggle with body acceptance and love. I have a straight size co-worker who follows a blog in Vancouver and one day, I just decided to google plus-sized fashion blogs and I found yours. I found a few others that I love and now I can't NOT find them everywhere I look! I want to thank you for your little comments about your fashion choices and for your photos. You have made it so much easier for me, just in the last few months, to accept me and all my lusciousness. And though I dont have the money to buy all the clothes you model on here, I so enjoy seeing what you pick because it makes me feel a little bit braver about my choices as well. Im not EVER going to be a straight size (without starving myself) and Im not going to wait my whole life to be beautiful just because Im not an "accepted" size. Anyway, before my rant gets out of control, thanx again. I will continue to read your blog for as long as you write it!

 
At Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:26:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

@Eden and @Belle - I know... And they are having a 50% off everything sale starting today that's making me want to buy it even more!!!

@Shay - Thanks! We did have a lot of fun! I think we'll all be able to put together some really stellar outfits with what we got!

@Unknown - I know exactly where you're coming from. I was the same too, and it was only after I found blogs and started blogging myself that I was able to finally love myself, just as I am. It has been very liberating! Fashion doesn't have to be super expensive. A lot of the items I have on here are thrifted or re-mixed into new outfits... I am a perpetual student so I definitely know what it's like to have a limited fashion budget, lol!There'll be lots of sales this week online because of Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Keep your eyes pealed for bargains!

 
At Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:21:00 AM , Anonymous mitch said...

Totally envy you guys there, wish my country has Lane Bryant. Nice outfits, love all the skirts! :)

 
At Thursday, November 24, 2011 6:02:00 PM , Blogger Gem said...

this looks like so much fun! love what Sarah is wearing x

 
At Friday, December 24, 2021 5:10:00 PM , Anonymous Juliana Green said...

Great reading

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home