This page has moved to a new address.

Outfit of the Day: Coffee and Errands

Curvy Canadian: Outfit of the Day: Coffee and Errands

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Coffee and Errands

Hey Guys,
I wore this outfit on Saturday to get some coffee with Peter and run some errands. We also got to check out the Junction area of Toronto, and I found a couple of really cool stores down there.

With all the heels I wear, I was super suprised that these combat boots, which I assumed would be more comfortable, actually ended up giving me blisters on my heels. Ouch. I'll stick with my comfy heels, I guess!

I wanted to create a look that was very feminine, but with a bit of a rough edge, which is why I wore the boots with the floral print and the pouffy skirt. I wpre sheer hose from Secret, which I actually got in a swag bag at an event I attended. When I first got them, I wasn't that excited because I thought that they would have runs in them before I even got out the door, but this is about my fourth time wearing them, and they are as durable (if not more so) than totally opaque tights, which is so suprising to me. My experience with sheers has been that they run really easily, but these are great. I also got a pair with tiny polka dots and a pair of fishnets, which I haven't tried yet. I actually really like how this outfit turned out, and in one of the photos, you can see how windy it is, which made the picture look pretty cool.

If you guys aren't following/liking me on your social networks yet, I would love for you to join me there! I sometimes post sneak peek pictures of my outfits in advance of posting them on here, and I always tweet on location from fun fashion events that I am at. I would love to interact with you. Each of these links will open in a new tab, so you don't have to leave in order to add me.

Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Flickr | Lookbook | Bloglovin | Google Friend Connect

But now to the good stuff: the outfit! What do you ladies think?

Top and Bracelets- Forever 21+/Skirt and Petticoat - c/o Sofistafunk/Boots - Famous Footwear/Purse - Vintage/Pantyhose - c/o Secret

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:21:00 AM , Anonymous Blog to be Alive said...

That's a really cute look!
I also bought a floral dress from ASOS that I plan to wear with kinda biker boots. It's a fun look!

 
At Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:36:00 AM , Blogger confusedbrit said...

I love this outfit! I've always got a bit of an inner struggle going on, in that my inner floral girly self conflicts with my inner rock chick cynical self....

So florals, big skirt and rocky boots just does it for me satorially speaking...love it!

 
At Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:43:00 PM , Blogger GlenysO said...

You look like an awesome fashion super hero in the windy picture! I love it!

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:16:00 AM , Blogger MichaelaEng said...

Aw that top is to die for. Probably the cutest thing from Forever 21. You look great!

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:19:00 PM , Blogger Sabrina said...

I just LOVE thats skirt paired with combat boots!!
xx-
Sabrina
www.samplesize16.com

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:50:00 PM , Anonymous Belle said...

That skirt is beautiful! I love swingy skirts but sometimes don't know where to wear them. Clearly I just need to incorporate into everyday wear rather than special occasions.

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:28:00 PM , Blogger Amanda K said...

I always love love love florals with a good pair of lace up boots. It's a good mix of "look how cute I am" and "don't stare too long or I'll kick you ass!"

:) Looking good as always.

http://www.tplusart.com/

 
At Monday, January 16, 2012 9:17:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, and I LOVE it! I'm older, but still trying to figure out fashion, and you have some wonderful outfits and an amazing sense of style. Thank you for doing this - it helps!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home