This page has moved to a new address.

Outfit of the Day: New Dress from Lucie Lu!

Curvy Canadian: Outfit of the Day: New Dress from Lucie Lu!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Outfit of the Day: New Dress from Lucie Lu!

Hey Guys,

Awhile back, I got sent this lovely dress from designer Lucie Lu. It's a beautiful dress with such a gorgeous mint colour and a right-on-trend grey lace overlay. I wanted to pick the perfect occasion to wear this for, and so I decided I would debut it at Christmas dinner! I had a lot to choose from, but this dress just seemed so perfect.

Peter and I have two Christmas dinners now, because it is so hard to make it to both families' houses in one day (seriously, how DOES Santa do it?!), and previous Christmases were frantic and rushed, and we both felt like we weren't getting all the quality time we wanted with our families. So on Christmas Eve, I hosted my first ever turkey dinner. Yes, "I" (Peter was very little help in the kitchen - except for disposing of the neck and gizzard bag [OMGOMGOMGOMG YUCK!!!!!!], tidying up the house, and carving up the bird while we were getting ready to eat). I was super nervous about the whole thing, but everything turned out really yummy and the in-laws seemed tres-impressed. :D

I also pride myself on presentation - they table and the food has to look great as well as tasting awesome, so I made sure I decorated the place nicely, using a red tablecloth and blue and silver Christmas crackers as accents.

I really love this dress! I am going to wear it out even more in the Spring, since the lovely mint colour complements the regreening happening in nature, and the fabric is the perfect weight for Spring weather. I got a lot of compliments from the in-laws about the dress too, which is nice, because I like to impress on all levels. :D What do you think of my new dress? Isn't it lovely? Lucie Lu has such romantic styles that are so consistent with my own personal style. I love her entire collection. I am really eyeing the Leona dress right now because I think it would be perfect for work, and it is on sale... Sigh. I really must stop shopping!

Dress - C/O Lucie Lu/Shoes - Torrid
And I'm including a picture of the dessert I made because it looks so pretty and yummy. Trifle is my favourite!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 03, 2012 9:49:00 PM , Blogger geetabix said...

I like the Leona dress too!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 5:01:00 AM , Blogger MichaelaEng said...

You look so great! And that dress is adorbs! I'd totes wear it :]

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 5:16:00 AM , Blogger sophia said...

you look amazing!!! the dress is really beautiful :)

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 5:44:00 PM , Anonymous Nefertiti said...

tu es resplendissante dans cette robe ;o)

 
At Sunday, January 08, 2012 2:13:00 PM , Anonymous Rachel said...

Hi there!

Just stumbled upon your blog and I just love it! Congrats on your great dress and the gorgeous table... :-)

Will be back, there's just too much to see!!! Ciao

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home