This page has moved to a new address.

Outfit of the Day: My Blog's Birthday!

Curvy Canadian: Outfit of the Day: My Blog's Birthday!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Outfit of the Day: My Blog's Birthday!

Hey Guys!

I was looking through some old posts last night, and I realised that it is my one-year blogo-versary! I started the blog in May of 2010, but I didn't really start focusing on it (and consistently posting Outfit of the Day posts) until the post from March 2, 2011. This is also when I "came out" to my friends and family as a blogger (and as a proud, confident fat woman), which is why I consider it my blog's "true" birthday. I hadn't told anyone about my blog or even participated at all in the amazing community that I am now a part of until then. I think a part of me was still ashamed of being fat, and incapable of loving myself or appreciating my own beauty.

I am so glad I did went public with my blog, and I am so glad I have kept it up, even though there were days when I didn't feel like posting or putting together an outfit. It has changed my life and my outlook immensely, and I have all of you to thank for keeping me motivated by commenting and visiting so often. I never knew that my voice could reach so many of you. I thank you for the opportunity, and promise I will always be trying to inspire each and every one of you as much as you inspire me!

I thought it would be fun to do a collage of my favourite outfits from the past year, kind of like musicians do "best of" albums, to celebrate this milestone. They are all in chronological order, so you can kind of see the evolution of my style over the past year (and the change in seasons!). It's kinda cool to see all of the outfits I loved wearing and sharing over the past year (and how long my hair has grown, and the fact that I have eyebrows now!). What do you think? Which outfit is your own personal fav?





I know I personally hate it when tv shows do recap or clip episodes, and the collage post is sort of like a blogs version of that, so here's a NEW outfit of the day post for ya! I think this might be one of my favourite outfits ever. I wore this to celebrate my friend Gen's birthday with her. Hi Gen!

Skirt, Cropped Jacket, Earrings, and Clutch - Vintage/Shoes - Torrid/Camisole and Bracelets - Forever 21+/Belt - Dots
Oh, and if you haven't entered the giveaway with Your BIG Sister's Closet yet, there's still time! Enter here!

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Thursday, March 01, 2012 10:21:00 PM , Anonymous chantalhab said...

Either top row, 3rd from the left or second from the bottom row, 3rd from the left are my fav of your OOTD. I loved the drawing you linked on twitter of you in the green dress. Also, your outfit today is super cute :)

 
At Thursday, March 01, 2012 10:36:00 PM , Anonymous grownandcurvywoman said...

Congratulations on your blog's first anniversary!!!! You look amazing & like the way you make the clothes your own. Keep it up!!!!

 
At Friday, March 02, 2012 12:14:00 AM , Anonymous Hollister said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work.

 
At Friday, March 02, 2012 12:58:00 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I'm sure you already know this, but I wandered through The Bay at Fairview mall (Don Mills and Sheppard) today on my way to Forever21 and they have some amazing plus size stuff! There is Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Jessica Simpson and a bunch more that all carry clothes in plus sizes. I've never seen it before so maybe it's new or maybe I just missed it, but I'm pretty excited to go back and shop there again! Though you might be interested!

 
At Friday, March 02, 2012 1:11:00 AM , Blogger Nichole said...

Congrats! And you always have such wonderful outfits. Love the current one, and one my favourites was the was the yellow dress, so cute!

 
At Friday, March 02, 2012 2:53:00 AM , Blogger Jolene said...

Congratulations on your Blogaversary!

Mine will be in May, I haven't been fortunate enough to have the success with blogging you have as of yet, but I also don't get out like you do. It seems all the plus size fashion bloggers in Canada are at your end of the country too.

I really like your outfit in the 3rd row, 4th column. I'm probably drawn to it because it's my style LOL. I like your hair in it too, the headband suits you.

I know you recently started your own online store, it is something I have been thinking about for a long time and one of my goals this year is to make a decision on what I'm going to do to bring a second income into our household again, but still be here for my husband and kids. Would you mind if I emailed you with some questions about your experience so far with your store?

 
At Friday, March 02, 2012 12:14:00 PM , Blogger Hannah | The Outfit Repeater said...

Happy Blog Birthday!!
It's cool to look at your evolution of outfits from only the last year. I can't pick a favorite - you're always stylish. :)

 
At Friday, March 02, 2012 1:38:00 PM , Blogger MichaelaEng said...

Happy Bloggiversary!(?) Haha I love your style!

 
At Friday, March 02, 2012 7:03:00 PM , Anonymous Crystal said...

I don't know... this last outfit might be my favorite!! It's soooo amazing!! You look beautiful!!

Congrats!

Crystal
www.talesfromthefatside.org

 
At Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:48:00 PM , Blogger MalanB said...

Happy Blogaversary! I just found your blog through a google search. Loving your style. I have to say I like the outfit you wore for Gen's B-day. Very Cute.

 
At Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:46:00 PM , Anonymous Suzanne Gracan said...

I want to raid your closet!!! You are the epitome of gorgeous, confident, plus size woman!! Congratulations on your Blogaversary!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home