This page has moved to a new address.

#Jeansdujour - Yes, Plus Size Women CAN Wear (Snake Print) Skinny Jeans!!!

Curvy Canadian: #Jeansdujour - Yes, Plus Size Women CAN Wear (Snake Print) Skinny Jeans!!!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

#Jeansdujour - Yes, Plus Size Women CAN Wear (Snake Print) Skinny Jeans!!!

There is a common misconception that plus size women shouldn't wear skinny jeans. This is totally absurd. Plus size women can look great in any kind of jean, they just need to style it well! A pair of skinny jeans looks amazing with a long blouse or top, a really well-tailored blazer, and of course your favourite heels. And these are just some possible suggestions. There are so many great ways to style skinny jeans to make them look totally amazing on you. As Coco Chanel once said "Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions." You don't need to worry so much about your size, but more about the aesthetic of the shapes you are creating using different garments. Don't be afraid to experiment with coloured jeans or prints either. There are far too many women out there who are too self-conscious to try styles they're not used to, and it's such a shame. You don't know just how beautiful you are. You should feel totally free to express yourself through whatever sort of fashion calls out to you, even if that means rocking snake print skinny jeans as a plus size woman! Don't let anyone tell you what you should or should not wear just because you're plus size. Welcome to the fashion democracy, ladies!!!

Jeans - c/o Addition Elle/Top - Re/Dress NYC by Necessary Objects/Shoes - Rainbow/Jewellery - c/o Penningtons/Jacket (in later shots) - Sears by Attitude Jay Manuel








Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:42:00 PM , Blogger The Big Princess said...

Love the jeans!!! You look fab!
Love your blog!!!


xoxoxo
http://bigisalsobeautiful.blogspot.co.il/

 
At Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:05:00 PM , Anonymous Susan said...

I don't like Skinny Jeans it just makes us bigger women LOOK BIGGER!!!!

 
At Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:16:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Hi Susan,

I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I clearly like these jeans, so what's the point of telling me that you don't? I'm not forcing you to wear them. I am just encouraging women to take risks with their fashion choices, and not always wear what everyone tells them they "should" wear, which is exactly what you're doing here. I really don't think that by changing the leg of a jean from a skinny to a bootcut you're actually changing the appearance of a woman's size by any discernible amount; a size 20 is and looks like a size 20, whether you put her in a pair of skinnies or a pair of bootcut jeans. And even if the jeans do (gasp!) make a woman look bigger, it's not necessarily the primary item on every woman's aesthetic agenda to make themselves look less big. At least that's not MY primary concern. There's waaayyyy more to fashion than looking as skinny as possible. Women should learn to love their bodies regardless of their size so they can break free of society's compulsive obsession with being thin, and so they can just express themselves through the fashion they wear, and not worry about trying to appear to take up as little space in the world as possible. I'm here, in my skinnies, and I'm proud. =D

 
At Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:25:00 PM , Blogger Ataska - rękodzielniczy zakątek said...

You looking great in red, cool jeans :)

 
At Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:23:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look STUNNING in those jeans! I never would have considered wearing something like that - but you really look great. I love the red top and the jacket too. I may just have to try on some skinny jeans next time I go shopping!

 
At Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:54:00 PM , Blogger Perogyo said...

Oh I love these on you.

My only problem with skinny jeans is I have been wearing boot it for so Lon I don't know what shoes to wear with them.

 
At Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:29:00 PM , Blogger Sylvie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:32:00 PM , Blogger Sylvie said...

Great Blog! I remember 10yrs ago even when I was in my mid 20s having to literally sow together my own designs just to be able to fit in with what "regular" sized women were wearing and 15yrs ago when I worked at Addition-Elle and even modelled for them and blaak forget it..the fashions were boxy (long in the crotch and short in the legs) and still geared toward older women..its so great now to see that women not only have options online and in stores but that there are forums like this one promoting feeling good about yourself..and maybe skinny jeans aren't for everyone, but there are regular size women who look just as bad in them as plus sized women..its all about knowing your shape and working with what you got to make things work. I am a size 18, I am also 5'10 so skinny jeans generally work well for me if I want to go there but I still have to style them correctly and ensure the muffin top and larger hips are hidden loll..soo keep it up girl!

 
At Friday, September 21, 2012 12:40:00 PM , Anonymous mitch said...

skinny jeans are best, it accentuates curves. oh love this look, snake-print suits you well. bold and chic - amazing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home